A grillage analysis for a single span bridge comprising 4 main beams supported on pinned or rotational springs using a stiffness matrix (short and long term) based on 3 degrees of freedom at each joint – vertical deflection and 2 rotations. Loading is by joint forces or moments in 2 directions. Optional support conditions allow integral bridge decks and ‘ladder’ type bridges (2 main beams) to be analysed. A separate differential settlement analysis is included for integral bridges.
Contents (41 pages)
- General arrangement allowing definition of geometry
- input data for beam and support properties
- loading input and results summary for key shear, moment and displacement results
- matrix parameters and full set of results
- differential settlement analysis.
- validation using structural analysis software